The Rensselaer CATS Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) provides industrially-relevant advice and guidance regarding Center operations and strategic direction. The IAB meets twice a year, Spring and Fall. The Spring meeting coincides with the Annual CATS Technology Showcase and Conference. Membership terms for IAB members are nominally 3 years. Current CATS IAB members are:
- Stephan Biller – Chief Manufacturing Scientist, GE Global Research
- Joe Borowiec – Program Manager, Buildings Research and Development, NYSERDA
- Alex Cable – Founder and President, Thorlabs
- Raymond Dromms – Director, Manufacturing Engineering, Welch Allyn, Inc.
- David Gross – Director, Manufacturing Systems Technology, GlobalFoundries
- Gordon Hirschman* – President & CEO, Vivonics, Inc.
- Bill Hoffman – VP and CTO, Kitware
- Jeff Lawrence – Executive VP, Technology, Center for Economic Growth (CEG)
- Gavin McIntyre – Founder and Chief Scientist, Ecovative Design LLC
- Frederick Miller – CEO, The Kaleel Jamison Consulting Group
- George Rodgers – Director, Western Region Technology, Northrop-Grumman
- Patricia Strickland – CEO, Ceralink
* denotes IAB Chair